Friday, June 22, 2012

Day One

Welcome to my blog that chronicles the design and building of my 90 gallon closed loop mixed reef.  This is where I will stick all the pictures and little tidbits of info that I found helpful to me in understanding exactly what a closed loop system is, and how I progress with my ideas for the tank.

So far I have a 90RR tank with 3 return pipes and 4 outlet pipes for a closed loop system.  The next couple weeks will be spent designing the PVC design to bring all of these holes together into one pump.  I'm looking at either a MAG12 or similar pump attached to a 1" SCWD (squid)  Out of the squid, will be a true wye fitting to push water out two pipes on each side of the squid.  Two will come out at the top of the tank, and two will come out under the rocks, spraying at the front glass.

The stand will consist of essentially 3 boxes.  the main box (stand) will hold my closed loop pump, sump, and all other pumps and equiptment.  The cabinet to the left (ATO CAB) will hold an ATO reservoir.  (Haven't figured actual dimensions yet but shooting for around a 5g container.  (12" diameter 20-30" high)  The right side cabinet (FRAG CAB) will hold a 14x14x10 custom frag tank that will be plumbed to the existing sump system.  This will serve as a place to photograph and easily care for new/ for sale frags.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.  Bookmark the page and check back often for updates!


1 comment:

  1. I have a pump for sale 1100gph it is a Panworld 50pxx let me know if you are interested. nickjqz@gmail.com
    (760) 685-4873
    http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/pumps-and-plumbing/external-pumps/panworld-aquarium-pump/panworld-50pxx-external-water-pump-1110gph.html

    ReplyDelete